Monday 24 October 2016

RE-UPLOAD: Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction - St. George's Hall, Bradford, UK -18.09.1986 (Flac)


Thnks to Egg_Crisis for leting me share his rip here,

Cassette(audience,Maxell UR-60,low gen,from a record fair 2 or 3 weeks after the gig) > wav > Soundforge(normalise) > CDWave > split on sector boundaries > flac(6)

Supporting Motorhead. A tape of Motorhead exists (I saw it at the record fair) but I don't have it.
Tape flip on my c60 between The King Of Cool & Kickstart For Love, and tape flip from the original c90 before the last song.

While checking I had the correct song titles I discovered "The King Of Cool" doesn't appear on any of their albums, so possibly a rare chance to hear that one.

I was at this gig but didn't tape it myself.  It was my 5th gig and I'd only taped 3 gigs so far and expected this one to be a bit rough so decided not to risk it.

After "Speed Kings", the comment of "You did that on purpose, you set a trap for me" was because there were extra speakers in front of the stage with a small gap between the speakers and the stage. While Zodiac was stepping onto the speakers his leg went down the gap.

Before "Tattooed Beat Messiah" one of the other band members noticed Zodiac's t-shirt was smouldering and told him (someone threw a lit cigarette a few minutes earlier and it went down the back of his t-shirt!).  In anger he kicked out at the front row and his boot narrowly missed my head by inches.  Then in Tattooed Beat Messiah he changes the line "set my bed on fire" to "set my shirt on fire".

Egg_Crisis, Feb 2013.

01 High Priest Of Love
02 Psycho-Active
03 Driving On Holy Gasoline
04 High Heel Heaven
05 Hymn Of The Speed Kings
06 The King Of Cool
07 Kick Start Me For Love (aborted)
08 Kick Start Me For Love
09 Tattooed Beat Messiah
10 Kid's Stuff
11 Wild Child
12 Dangerous

Length - 47:57




Messiah

1 comment: