Saturday 13 December 2014

RE-UPLOAD: The Sisters Of Mercy - Loreley Festival, St. Goarshausen, Germany - 20.06.1992 (Flac)


And another treat shared by Egg_Crisis. Huge Thanks!

01 More
02 First And Last And Always
03 Ribbons
04 Alice
05 Dominion / Mother Russia
06 Body Electric
07 Amphetamine Logic
08 Gimme Shelter
09 Flood II
10 This Corrosion
(encore1)
11 Comfortably Numb / Some Kind Of Stranger
(encore2)
12 Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
13 Fix
14 Vision Thing
(encore3)
15 1969

Length - 81:49

Cassette(Aud, Master, That's EX90, Recorded on Sony Recording Walkman with T-shaped external mic[Eurochannels EMC3630]) > wav > Soundforge(tidying up, removing a few clicks) > CDWave > split on sector boundaries > flac(6)


Because it's mono (see next paragraph), the flacs are half the size you'd expect them to be.
This was the last thing I ever recorded with this setup.  The recordings I made that day were plagued by problems. Earlier in the day I recorded Concrete Blonde and Jingo De Lunch. Those recordings had lots of clicks which I had to remove manually.  For the Sisters recording it didn't have the clicks (except for one or two), but the sound only came out of the left channel. the right being almost completely silent apart from a few clicks and a few bursts of sound.  I made another copy of the tape which duplicated the left channel onto both channels.  Copies I made for people were from that 1st gen copy.  I kept the original tape though and this is what I've used to make this transfer.

When I got home from Loreley I discovered the mic's extension lead had become damaged, the right channel was completely disconnected and the left was only connected by a single strand of wire.  The microphone itself just made constant clicking noises when I tried to use it again, I tried a new battery in the mic but it didn't help.  I guess some of the Loreley rain had got into it and ruined it.

I used 2 seconds from the "Dark Paradise" boot to fill in the tape flip in Flood II, and also 13 seconds at the start as I was a few seconds late in pressing record.

As Gimme Shelter starts, "This one's for Brian". (Brian Jones)
As Flood II starts, (something in German??).
Before Stop Draggin, sounds like "The river cries" ??
Before Fix, "Hit it".
In Vision thing, a changed lyric, "A little more mad in the Desert Zone", a reference to the gulf war.
As Vision Thing ends, "Thankyou... Sayonara."

Uploaded by Egg_Crisis for Dark Circle Room
Convert to mp3 for personal use only. Do not circulate in FLAC or WAV format without this info file


B4DnT7lVQ0

No comments:

Post a Comment